I was waiting to write this post until we had a set schedule with Andrew.

Except it’s been almost 9 months and there really isn’t a schedule in sight, and if I don’t write this now it probably won’t ever be written.

{ Friday }

6:00-6:30am: Andrew wakes up to nurse. I don’t remember him waking up during the night (we co-bed). SCORE! He nurses for 10 minutes and then falls asleep again. Keith gets up, has a shower & gets dressed for work. I lay there until he comes to grab a still sleeping Andrew to put in his carseat. I get up, grab clothes and hustle out the door to drive Keith to work.

6:30-7:30: I drive Keith to work, stop at Timmies for an iced coffee & drive back home. Andrew babbles a bit but mostly sleeps the entire way.

7:30-8:00: Diaper change. I let Andrew crawl around while I drink my coffee and catch up with all my social media (twitter/facebook/feedly/instagram/hellobee) on my phone.

8:00-8:20: Nurse.

8:20-9:15: Andrew isn’t being clingy or whining (small miracle), so I let him play independently while I go to the kitchen and start cleaning up from dinner the night before. I do a load of dishes, tidy up, portion pork to freeze, and start switching a low cupboard from small appliances to unbreakable, baby-friendly items. It gets promptly investigated and played in quite thoroughly.


9:15-9:50: Andrew gets fussy and starts rubbing his eyes. I nurse until he falls asleep, and then hold him for 10 minutes to make sure he’s really sleeping.

9:50: Naptime! Usually I would nap right next to him but I’m feeling fine, energy wise, so I finish the dishes, tidy the bedroom & bathroom and put away a load of laundry while listening to a PVRed episode of Conan.

11:00: STILL SLEEPING. I can’t believe it. Usually his naps last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour if he’s sleeping by himself (and usually it’s on the 20-minute side). I make myself some peanut butter & honey on toast, check a few things on the computer, and start reading.

11:04-11:25: Andrew wakes up crying miserably, which I know means he’s still really tired. Tell myself I won’t resort to nursing. Manage to rock him to dozing, but he starts to cry again. End up nursing anyway.

11:25-12:09: Hold a sleeping baby; I’m afraid he’ll wake up again. Check social media and blogs on my phone. I try to tell myself that this period in our lives will be over far before I want it to, and to soak up all the baby snuggles, but to be honest, it’s kind of annoying.

12:09: I’m thirsty. He’s really heavy; my arms hurt. My shoulders, especially. I have to pee. Do I dare put him down?

12:22: Can’t take it anymore. Put him down. He (miraculously!) stays asleep. Since it’s payday, I hop on the computer to pay some bills.

12:44-12:53: Andrew wakes up, happy this time. He gets another diaper change and changed from his jammies to clothes. Today is a 3-6 short sleeve striped onesie from bon bebe & a pair of 3-6 black pants from George.

2013-05-10 13.00.39

12:55-1:29: Playtime! He crawls, cruises, rolls, bangs things together, squeaks Sophie, flips through his board books. We shake our heads (new skill!), babble, wave hi and bye, and read a book or two. He also needs another diaper change (dirty this time).

1:29: Quick lunch/snack. I make myself some toast, and give Andrew a chunk of banana.

1:36-1:53: Nurse.

2:00-2:30: Andrew goes back to playing while I quickly wipe up smashed banana pieces, brush my teeth and scrape my hair back into a bun.

2:30-3:05: I load Andrew up in the carseat and leave to pick Keith up from work.

3:05-3:30: I’m 20 minutes early but I have my book and Andrew is asleep so I leave the car running and read while I wait.

3:30-4:26: Drive home. I HATE rush hour – a 20 minute trip takes an hour. Andrew sleeps (thankfully!) the whole way home. I cannot tell you how many times we’ve had to do this trip with an absolutely miserable baby screaming his head off the entire way. It is the worst. Hands down.

4:45-5:15: I throw in a load of laundry and go on the computer while Keith plays with Andrew on the floor. I also pull pork from the freezer for dinner.

5:20-5:27: Andrew nurses, but only for 7 minutes. Usually around this time we’d take him for a walk or to the park but it’s raining today so we stay home. Andrew gets a diaper change.

5:30-6:30: Put on a PVRed episode of Chicago Fire. Ten minutes in I transfer laundry over and start a load of towels. Andrew is still fussy so I attempt to nurse him (twice).

6:30-7:30: Keith cooks dinner and I fold one load while transferring the other. Andrew is still fussy. I feed him a chunk of banana and attempt to nurse twice more, but he won’t stay latched. I make him a 4oz bottle; he truly isn’t hungry, because he doesn’t drink it. I also do a quick mop of the kitchen floor since the floor is sticky from all the banana.

7:30-7:45: We all eat dinner together. Tonight it’s sweet & sour pork over rice. We’re doing straight out baby-led weaning, so we feed Andrew off our plates.

2013-05-10 19.32.21

Photo 2013-05-10 7 32 19 PM

Photo 2013-05-10 7 32 15 PM2013-05-10 19.31.54

7:45-8:00: Baby led weaning is great. The mess it creates – not so much. After dinner he goes directly for his bath. I put a laundry basket right in the tub, fill it to the first line of holes, and bathe him in that. While I’m bathing him, Keith cleans up his high chair & sweeps the floor.

We lotion him up & change him into his jammies (a footed sleeper). Then I hand him to Keith to feed him the bottle he didn’t drink earlier and go clean up from his bath. The towels are done, so I fold those and put the basket of clean clothes away.

Photo 2013-05-10 7 49 32 PM (1)

8:00-9:30: Keith finishes giving Andrew his bottle but he’s still awake, so we just let him cruise around in an effort to tire himself out. He has another dirty diaper (two in one day is SUPER rare). Keith finally makes up another 4oz bottle, but he won’t take it. I end up nursing, and then feeding him 2oz of the bottle. I hold him for 10 minutes to make sure.

9:30-10:10: I tidy his toy area and start on the dinner dishes. Halfway through Keith offers to finish them for me if I go for a Timmies run. I take the days dirty diapers to the dumpster on my way out.

Photo 2013-05-10 5 32 44 PM (1)

what it usually looks like.

Photo 2013-05-10 9 49 54 PM

All tidied.

10:10-11:40: I read more of my book while Keith watches Mayday & plays Everquest.

11:40-11:47: All three of us go to bed. I dreamfeed Andrew.

I don’t know what time it is, but I’m guessing it’s around 3:00-3:30am: Nurse.

5:30am: Nurse again. This is considered an ideal night with only two wakings. There have been many, many nights with 3, 4, 5+. The entire reason we co-sleep is so I am not a sleep deprived zombie at this point.

8:00am: Up for the day. I take first shift – what we jokingly call his awake time until his first nap, or two hours, whichever comes first. Sometimes we can only last an hour though, especially if he’s had a super restless night. We split the days of the weekend, letting the other one sleep in.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s